Vray error unhandled exception updating

Mostly this is solved by deleting the existing universe from the C:\ drive and then forcing and import.There is a fix (which I have never got to work) which is to import and export twice. An old or corrupt dll If you look at the information given when you get the unhandled exception error there is a bit of hex and references to a bunch of dlls.Don't forget about Tools/Universe - you can try and force an import from here. Occasionally, one of those dlls is a duff version - try tracking that down. Miscellaneous resolutions Try a full reinstallation of BO. deinstall, make sure no trace of files, folders and registry entries before reinstalling. CURRENT_USER registry (1.) by asking the user whether a co-worker, logging-into BO with a different BO account (on the same machine), experiences the same error.Also, could have problems with duplicate version of dlls, same file, e.g. Reduce the graphics acceleration level via control panel - not a problem on this site, but worth knowing about. I would like to put it the other way round though, from a support perspective; when a user reports the Unhandled Exception, my heuristic is to first ask whether the error happens when refreshing reports from a particular universe only, in case of which cause and resolution 3. If the user-account doesn't matter either, then I would go for the other causes (wrong dll, old machine, huge report).

vray error unhandled exception updating-23vray error unhandled exception updating-18vray error unhandled exception updating-3vray error unhandled exception updating-73

I did a de-install, cleaned up the registry, re-installed 5.1.5 but to no avail.

If we try to edit / refresh documents with the full client in both SP3 and SP6 versions everything works fine, so I asume the problem may be related to the Zabo SP6 server.

We opened a case with Official Business Objects Support and the only answer that we got is that there may be some kind of incompatibility between SP3 and SP6, and suggested to open and save the reports with other name (didn't work) or get them all redone in the newer version (really madness, since we have lots of legacy reports). Any advice would be really appreciated, i'm afraid we will have to abort the upgrade and stay in BO SP3.

(Du du du du, du du du du: "You have now entered...Twilight Zone".) I have encountered this problem a couple of times, and both times the only changes I had been making to the up-til-then functioning universe was editing or creating just a few universe objects. Hi there, Thanks for all your comments about the annoying UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ERROR.

As I analyzed what I had been doing just before the problem occurred, the only thing that stood out was that I had been making rapid and/or multiple changes to objects; for example, both changing an object's format style and at the same time deleting an existing style from the list displayed. When I deleted these recently-edited objects, , and then recreated the objects from scratch, VOILA! So now I make it a habit to make object changes more slowly and save them often, hoping this will help pre-empt the problem. We also have experienced this situation in both Business Objects 5.1.2 and 5.1.3, and in most cases deleting the universes from c:\ or letting the client machine using more swap memory fixed the problem.

You can upgrade to higher service packs to get this message less often but it still occurs even within 5.1.5.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!